Let me start by saying I love all my western Washingtonian friends, but this part just cracks me up! I also just love, love, love living in Western Washington, I love all the weird weather phenomena and I even love the very short, dark, rainy winter days. I also must admit that one of the main reasons I love it here is because I do not like the heat and I hate humidity even more. I will only visit my own parents (who live in S.C.) in the winter. I have lived in other regions of the U.S. and I KNOW I don't like heat and humidity. Course, I don't really like the cold either. I'd like to live at 70 year round inside and out.
The thing that CRACKS me up about people here though is THEIR thoughts on heat. OK, I kid you not, the heat at even PUBLIC places here is like the A/C in New Orleans... too much to accommodate for the outside conditions. I've learned not to dress like winter even though the temps are 30's or 40's out because anything more than a long sleeve will kill you with the heat! I've realized that folks here don't dress for winter - I mean its semi-difficult to find something heavier than a long sleeve T and most folks wear short-sleeves year round... its no wonder they have to turn the heat up so high. Its like they think because they live near the ocean, they deserve tropical weather or something. BUT the FLIP SIDE is that on a day like today, I've heard people say "Its gonna be a scorcher!".... but the high temp is supposed to be low 70's and the humidity less than 50%. Granted, its plenty hot for me but a scorcher? I save that kind of language for temps in the 80's at least...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So not a scorcher, but you know me - I LOVE IT!! You always make for a great read, a good laugh and many things to reflect on!
ReplyDelete