Monday, March 22, 2010

Wins!

We've had some wins lately! All of my wonderful kiddos have their own unique obstacles to overcome and they've all been making big strides and working super hard and making amazing breakthroughs! Its good to focus on the fun and lately life has been pretty good!

Trev - has a long story but suffice it say he's got a high IQ and I don't say that in a bragging way since, I've learned you can be so smart its heartbreaking at times. Anyway, no surprise that his teacher is nominating him for the gifted and talented program next year. The amazing part was more in Trevor's excitement and can-do attitude! He's gaining confidence which is super awesome to see and he's starting to find adaptations that can ease his anxiety before it even occurs. Way to go Trevor - its so awesome to watch you growing right into yourself and smiling along the way! What a difference a year makes!

Beej - has come a long way. Man, to think of the things he was struggling with still 6 & 12 months ago and his successes! Beej has not been in trouble at lunch for months and its been weeks since he got caught lying! He's so well-liked and joyful, you can't help but be happy around him! To think that just 2 years ago he was just beginning to learn English and now he's in the top reading group at school! What an awesome kid!

ET - is really working on his reactions. The things he has been able to learn now that he can better control his behavior - just recently his handwriting has improved drastically, he can now tie his own shoes, last night he played several games with the family at one sitting and he has more patience in general for any task at hand. And bonus, we actually get to see him more because he's not constantly in time-out or in his room screaming. What fun! Its awesome to start to see his smile as he realizes and is proud of the things he's been accomplishing too!

Lulu - is really getting quite an understandable vocabulary! It is such a joy to be able to understand most of what she's trying to communicate! It's also awesome to watch her personality come out. She's very determined and independent, but at the same time patient with herself. She's also caring of others - bringing her brothers tissues when they cry or giving a smile and a hug when they are sad. Wish me luck in potty-training, little independent missy hasn't yet embraced the benefits of that yet...

Dave and I are enjoying lots of different blessings - all these four and their wins are some of the most fun! I know a lot of folks think I'm crazy but even when I'm frustrated I wouldn't change a thing about my life - I feel like I'm the luckiest girl in the world spending my days with this crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment