Tuesday, March 9, 2010
wisdom
I used to think that as I got older, I would grow wiser. As a young person, I could never understand how some people could do some things. I was judgemental of them - their lives, their character. Now I'm wise enough to know that I may not understand but that even I make mistakes that my younger self never would have understood or believed. I've learned that one of my biggest mistakes was thinking "I would never do that". I've learned a lot about grace. I've learned about rock bottom, and the end of my rope. I've realized I have a lot to be thankful that I don't have first hand experience with. I've learned a lot about grace. And forgiveness. And hurt. And pain. I've learned about feeling helpless and needing help and being a helper. I've learned... that I still have a lot to learn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment