I'm having one of those days today. You know the kind -- the ones where you start believing that you really ARE crazy like people say, the kind of day where where you just want to run away screaming, the kind where you can't get anything accomplished and everything (and everyone!) seems to be falling apart around you and you just can't do it all. Yes, one of THOSE days... I'm sure everyone can relate.
You don't want to call it a bad day really, even though it feels like you've been driven to the edge and you're trying to convince yourself that you really don't want to jump - not in the long run anyway. There are bad days - those are different. Sometimes only one thing has to happen to make a bad day -- something tragic and difficult to deal with. Thankfully, I'm not having a bad day. See, really, one of THOSE days is really more about the quantity of little trivial things that add up to that glorious "I can't take another second of this!" feeling.
Today, my family ALL seems to be having one of THOSE days -- and when you're responsible to keep the family of 6 moving, its rough when they ALL are having one of THOSE days. Granted, its actually a rare occurrence in this house where someone is NOT having an off day, but when the moons align such that NOBODY is having a good day, well you know what they say about when Mom's not happy...
I could give you the laundry list, but have you ever noticed it doesn't sound all that impressive when you attempt to spell it out? Hubby is down staff and stressed at work, Trevor is having major anxiety/school issues we're trying to work out but that takes time, BJ still isn't interested in much (including pooping) that doesn't involve sports in some fashion, Easton just generally thinks his life is never fair, and Kenzie is terrible twoing life. My morning started with BJ's poop issues, then realized Trevor is melting down with anxiety and try to calm him down, Kenzie has undone all the laundry, Trevor is still upset, BJ still hasn't pooped, Easton's picking on his sister and when he has to stop is having a fit about how HIS life just isn't fair (HIS life? what about mine right about now???) back to upset Trevor and BJ with the poop... and at somepoint I stop and realize I haven't heard from the princess in awhile -- and then I find her... sitting on the couch, TV on PBS kids, Costco size bag of crackers. All of this she's helped herself to... and you just HAVE to laugh at that scene...
and eventually you get the kids out the door and finish the laundry and make the lunch and wait for nap time, then have a cup of tea and enjoy the rare moment of silence, and remind yourself why it is that most of the time, you really do love your life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment