Despite Kenzie being my fourth child, I am completely unprepared for the arrival of the terrible two's, seemingly over night! Her curiosity has overcome her and nothing is left untouched. As if I could keep up with life before, now I spend it running after Kenzie trying to clean up the wake of her destruction - and in the process she simply heads out for more! She unloads the dishes and pans from the cabinets, the food from the pantry, the clothes from the boys closets, her things from her drawers, the videos from the entertainment center and anything else she can get her hands on. Nothing is safe from her grasp - she climbs and gets the boys Lego's from any height - I think even the ceiling fan is no longer able to escape her grasp!
She has also been perfecting the talent of the tantrum. I think Easton has been giving her pointers. She scrunches her face (you know the one, the "whatcha talkin' bout, Willis" face!) and punches the air. I've heard that the astronauts on the space station can hear her angry screech of defiance. There are the instant tears and of course some good 'ol fashioned throwing herself to the floor and kicking and screaming and thrashing about. Lovely!
I do vaguely remember hating this stage when the boys were little... perhaps I've got my rose colored glasses on but it I'm telling you it wasn't QUITE this bad. In my defense they were only 17 months apart and we lived in a different house. This makes all the difference! For one thing, that house was conducive to gates so they spent most of their time at this age in the "giant playpen" aka the family room. This gave them SOME things to get into for sure, but it was limited to the one room. Let us not forget that since they are only 17 months apart they share most things - there was no sibling that was 6 years older leaving out things that are ideal for the destructive ways of the curious George types!
Parents often tire of their children saying no - with Kenzie, no isn't her favorite word YET thankfully, but I'm already sick of it as it seems to be about the only word in MY vocabulary these days! "No, Kenzie, no no no pulling everything out of the fridge!". Its like LIVING the No, David books.
My fear - I DO remember with the boys thinking that age THREE was far more terrible than the two's....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Karen- I tried the Mixed Chicks hair products. I did a little review on my blog. I love the stuff!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteAbraham's only 17 months and he's keeping up w/ Kenzie in the tantrum, into everything department. Yikes :)!
ReplyDelete