I know this is kinda a repeat of another post but its still a phenomenon that baffles me. You'd think I'd learn more being surrounded by four boys but I seem to be more baffled each time.
One of my sons is just all boy - he's hard on things. Do you know what I'm talking about? Toys that he doesn't get are played with too hard and broken quickly. Jeans get approx. three wearings before there are holes in the knees. Stains are a constant. He wears through 3 pairs of shoes for every one of his brothers. Everything is full-throttle and with ultimate strength. Combine that with the 'I dunno why' attitude and we go through "things" for no apparent reason.
I'm having a tough time reconciling my 'cheap mama' side with the 'boys will be boys' destructiveness. Or even carelessness. For example, it occurred to me the other day that either I will be bathing my children well into their adult lives OR I better just get used to the fact that they use too much shampoo/soap/toothpaste etc and I will have to buy twice as much.
Even, when I do eventually dig deep enough to get an answer to the "why", I'm not satisfied. For real, you ripped the pocket off your jacket - thus ripping two HUGE holes in the fabric of your ONLY (and new, I might add - that has at least 2 more siblings to go through!) hoodie because you wanted to make the pocket bigger? You actually have the strength to do that? For real, you did this on purpose? I mean, REALLY, you just sat there and pulled on the pocket this hard on PURPOSE??? Oh, of course, I understand, you were just trying to make it BIGGER, you never imagined it would put huge holes in your hoodie. Yes, dare I ask WHY you were trying to make the pocket bigger? Seriously, you don't know? You just looked down one day and thought - hey I wonder what will happen if if pull and pull and pull on my pocket? No? Why then? Oh, because you were trying to fit a giant rock into your pocket at recess? Aren't you not supposed to bring rocks in from the playground? Right, thus you were making your pocket bigger so you could "hide" said rock. So really, we're in double trouble here - tearing the jacket AND trying to disobey your teacher.
Love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment