This summer was a blast! I know, I was dreading it last spring but it turned out awesome! This was the first year in awhile that Dave had lots of vacation where we didn't have to use it really until summer so he had a ton of time off. We didn't really go anywhere or do much at all but it gave us time to hang out and enjoy our life together and made the summer really fly by! I'd love to say that my to-do list is completed and I have lots of productivity to show for my summer but sadly it didn't happen that way. I guess I've officially become a northwesterner - when the sun actually shines you take time to stop what you're doing and appreciate it, and we have had such a fabulous summer that well, we just did a lot of appreciating the sunshine!
Fall has now arrived, our bi-weekly trips to the apple farm have begun and we're starting to think ahead to hot bowls of soup and trips to the pumpkin patch and less about plotting trips to the beach. Soccer season is just starting for BJ and I'm trying to appreciate the nice weather and as I put all the games on the calendar cringed as I speculated how many times we'll be cheering him on in the pouring rain before the season ends. The boys began school and they all seem to be doing well and have good teachers. How is it that Trevor is already in second grade? His teacher is very structured so he so far is doing famously - I don't think we've had any meltdowns or wakeful nights yet! Hooray!! Behailu is in 1st grade and of course loves it - and the socializing most of all. We've lost him twice already only to find him separated from his class because he was chatting away in line and hadn't realized the class had left, but his teacher doesn't let him get away with much so that hopefully will help some! Easton started kindergarten with the same fabulous teacher the other boys have had and despite the district switching back to part time (bummer!) he is simply beaming on the days he gets go - so excited to be all grown up like his big brothers! This gives me 2-3 days every week where I just have 1 child at home all day - what a treat (and break from the noise!). I have more ambitions with what to do with this time than I have actual hours but here's to hopin' for some great productivity!
The purpose of my blog is more to recognize and enjoy the fun in my life and to find the humor amidst the chaos of raising 4 children, but this summer was so wonderful and so filled with joy I just didn't have time to stop the fun and blog about it! So instead, you get the basic get all caught up post and hopes and intentions to do better in the future. Only time will tell...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment